2012 REVEAL YOUR INNER VIXEN CONTEST
Attention romance writers: show us the chemistry!
2012 Finalists Announced!
This year’s Vixen finalists have been announced!
WHY ENTER THIS CONTEST?
- FEEDBACK: Entrants receive constructive feedback from first-round judges, many of them published authors. Finalists receive a brief critique by the final round judge.
- EXPOSURE: Finalists in each category will be judged by editors publishing in that subgenre. First place winners and category finalists will be listed in advertising and announcements in the RWA® Romance Writers Report.
- PRIZES: First place category winners receive a $50 cash prize and a gold Vixen pin!
- OPPORTUNITY: Last year, ONE THIRD of our contest finalists were asked to submit partial or full manuscripts.
WHAT TO ENTER
Up to 20 pages of any scene that showcases your use of sensual tension, plus an unjudged 1-page set-up (optional).
WHO CAN ENTER?
Anyone! Membership in Maryland Romance Writers or Romance Writers of America is NOT required. The author can be published or not yet published, but the contest entry must be original and uncontracted as of September 1, 2012.
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
(Word counts apply to targeted finished length of completed manuscript.)
- Series Contemporary: 1950-present, 40,000-79,000 words finished length
- Single Title: 1950-present, 80,000-120,000 words finished length
- Historical: BCE-1950, 40,000-120,000 words finished length
- Alternative: time travel, fantasy, futuristic, paranormal, 85,000-120,000 words finished length
- Erotic Romance: 60,000-120,000 words finished length
- LGBT Romance: 40,000-120,000, any genre/era
- Young Adult: 40,000+ words finished length
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
$20 MRW members
$25 Non-MRW Members–U.S. entries and International entries
WHO JUDGES MY ENTRY?
Each entry will be judged by THREE qualified judges, i.e., trained and/or published authors. The three top-scoring entries in each category will advance to the final round for evaluation by one editor and one agent who acquire in that genre.
2012 Judge List
||Bradford Literary Agency
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?
Contest opens for entries on July 1, 2012. Entries must be received and time-stamped no later than October 1, 2012.
HOW TO ENTER
Entry form (RTF format)
To pay for your entry via PayPal, use one of the links below.
- MRW Member – Vixen Entry – $20
- Non-MRW Member – Vixen Entry – $25
If you wish to pay by check or money order, follow the instructions included on the entry form.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit www.marylandromancewriters.com or email the 2012 “Reveal Your Inner Vixen” Contest Coordinators, Christi Barth or Eliza Knight, firstname.lastname@example.org