To join MRW, follow these instructions or contact us for more information:
Maryland Romance Writers (MRW)
PO Box 442
Highland, MD 20777
The mission of MRW is “to promote excellence in romantic fiction and advance the professional interests of career-focused romance writers through networking and advocacy, dissemination of information, professional education, publications, and other appropriate activities and to provided continuing support for writers within the romance publishing industry.”
Membership in MRW is open to all members of RWA® and offers a variety of benefits:
- Monthly Meetings Guest speakers discuss a variety of subjects pertinent to both published and unpublished writers.
- Workshops Day-long workshops focus on topics such as writing skills, industry news, and research.
- Critique Groups Meet with other writers in person and online to gain valuable feedback on your writing or to brainstorm new plot ideas.
- Maryland Vixen Report MRW’s monthly e-newsletter offers up-to-date market and industry news, publication announcements of our members’ work, and other writing-related articles.
- RWA® Affiliation Membership in this national organization brings additional benefits, such as an annual conference, the monthly trade publication Romance Writers Report, and writing contests.
- Professional Support Perhaps the greatest benefit MRW members enjoy is the relationship with fellow writers on both social and professional levels, in person at meetings and events and online through a member yahoo group.
- Book in a Week Every few months, MRW hosts a Book in a Week (BIAW) challenge where participants make writing their top priority. Participants set goals, record progress, and encourage each other on the MRW-BIAW yahoo group.
Full Membership is available to all writers interested in pursuing a career in romance writing.
2013 Board of Directors
- President Christi Barth
- Vice President Laura Kaye
- Secretary Shelley Greene
- Treasurer Toni Picker
- Program Directors Nancy Weeks & Marta Bliese
- Newsletter /Member News Vivian Pounds-Gray
- Publicity Director Amy Villalba
- PAN Liaison Stephanie Draven
- PRO Liaison Loni Glover
- Indie Liaison Eliza Knight
- Website Liaison Pamela Murray
- Hospitality Directors Loni Glover, Ann Arbaugh
- Critique Group Coordinator Joya Fields
- Past President Liaison Laura Kaye
- Online Workshop Directors Amy Villalba